Saulius Lukosevicius (born and raised in Lithuania) is cinematographer currently based in Los Angeles. Since receiving his BA in Audiovisual Arts in 2010, Saulius has been working as a freelance DOP in films and TV commercials. He shot a short documentary WINTER, which travelled to more than 250 festivals and was awarded 14 international prizes, including the Best Short Film nomination at the EUROPEAN FILM AWARDS. Saulius was selected to BERLINALE TALENTS in 2012 and was awarded the BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY AWARD from the Lithuanian Association of Cinematographers (LAC) in 2017. He is the LAC member since 2013.
He is known for taking on adventurous projects under extreme conditions around the world. A month traveling on a Trans-Siberian train through frozen Russia, rock-climbing Tian Shan mountains in Kyrgyzstan, walking on the active volcanoes in Indonesia, capturing a historical, non-stop, round the world Roziere balloon flight in Australia, CHERNOBYL — these are just a few projects that he worked on.
Saulius is currently finishing his masters at the American Film Institute in Los Angeles. The full story is below.
Cinematography Awards & nominations
- Best Cinematography Award - Flickers Rhode International Film Festival (UNFOLDED), USA
- Best Cinematography Award - Francesco Pasinetti Short Film Festival (UNFOLDED), Italy
- Best Cinematography Award - LAC (Lithuanian Association of Cinematographers) Awards (PARADISE GOWNS), Lithuania
- Best Documentary Award - Vilmos Zsigmond Cinematography Film Festival (PARADISE GOWNS), Hungary
- Critics' Choice Award - Vilmos Zsigmond Cinematography Film Festival (PARADISE GOWNS), Hungary
- Honorable Mention for Cinematography - DokuMa film festival (WINTER), Croatia
- Best Cinematography Nominee - Byron Bay International Film Festival (WINTER), Australia