Saulius Lukosevicius (born and raised in Lithuania) is a cinematographer currently based in Los Angeles. Since receiving his BA in Audiovisual Arts in 2010, Saulius has been working as a freelance DOP in films and TV commercials.
Saulius was selected for BERLINALE TALENTS in 2012 and was awarded the BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY AWARD from the Lithuanian Association of Cinematographers (LAC) in 2017. He has been a LAC member since 2013.
He is known for taking on adventurous projects under extreme conditions around the world. A month traveling via Trans-Siberian train through frozen Russia, rock-climbing Tian Shan mountains in Kyrgyzstan, walking on the active volcanoes in Indonesia, capturing a historical, non-stop, round the world Roziere balloon flight in Australia, CHERNOBYL — these are just a few projects that he worked on.
Movies that he shot traveled around the globe winning multiple prestigious awards and nominations including EUROPEAN FILM AWARDS, STUDENT ACADEMY AWARDS, ITALIAN ACADEMY AWARDS, LITHUANIAN FILM AWARDS.
To advance his career even further - he moved to Los Angeles where he got his MFA at the AFI Conservatory.
Cinematography Awards & nominations
- Best Cinematography Award - Flickers Rhode International Film Festival (UNFOLDED), USA
- Best Cinematography Award - Francesco Pasinetti Short Film Festival (UNFOLDED), Italy
- Best Cinematography Award - LAC (Lithuanian Association of Cinematographers) Awards (PARADISE GOWNS), Lithuania
- Best Documentary Award - Vilmos Zsigmond Cinematography Film Festival (PARADISE GOWNS), Hungary
- Critics' Choice Award - Vilmos Zsigmond Cinematography Film Festival (PARADISE GOWNS), Hungary
- Honorable Mention for Cinematography - DokuMa film festival (WINTER), Croatia
- Best Cinematography Nominee - Byron Bay International Film Festival (WINTER), Australia